Rabu, 08 Agustus 2012

Intermezzo : 55 Reading Questions

I see the post first at Alvina's blog Mari Ngomongin Buku, then at Stephanie's blog, The Bookie Looker. So, there are 55 questions about books. And I have so much fun when answer it. BTW, sorry I use English since the questions are in English. If you don't understand, please tell me :). So without further ado, this is my answer for the 55 reading questions! :D :

1. Favorite childhood book?

Is comic count? No? Okay, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone is my favorite when I'm in junior high school.


2. What are you reading right now?

Firelight by Kristen Calihan (courtesy of NetGalley)
Believe like A Child by Paige Dearth (request review)
Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews.

Lately I read more English books than translation and Indonesia's books :/

3. What books do you have on request at the library?

Don't have any. Actually the last time I go to library is when I'm in college (2-3 years go)

4. Bad book habit?

Reading while sleeping (I think most bookworms do this).
Reading until forget anything and everything.
Easily distracted by another title when read one particular title. I blame it on social media especially Goodreads.

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?

See answer no 3

6. Do you have an e-reader?

Umm, kinda. I use my mobile phone to read e-book. But plan to buy Tablet. Bigger is better!

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?


One book at a time. Sometimes several books, but decide its hard to concentrate. I'm jealous with my friend that can read 2-3 books at one time

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?

Yes. I'm reading more slowly than usual. That's because I need to write review in my blog.

9. Least favourite book you read this year (so far)?

So many. Lemme see :

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L.James
Crave : The Seduction of Snow White by Cathy Yardley
The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
Dracula, My Love by Syrie James

The less favorite, the more snarky review I will write :))

10. Favorite book you’ve read this year.

Again, so many. I will pick my top read so far this year :

Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
Eon by Alison Goodman
Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole
Serpent's Kiss by Thea Harrison
Lothaire by Kresley Cole
Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione
The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter
Immersed in Pleasure by Tiffany Reisz
Vengeance Born by Kylie Griffin
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

LOL, almost all of them are paranormal romance ;).

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?

Sometimes. It's difficult and the result is not nice. The genre that out of my comfort zone is reading about romance between same gender relationship. I'm still can't reading books like that.

12. What is your reading comfort zone?

Romance books. Or reading books that its genre I love or enjoy. Such as thriller, mystery, history. Bottom line : books that hooked me till the end

13. Can you read on the bus?

Absolutely :). I also can read on the motorcycle :))

14. Favorite place to read?

My room.

15. What is your policy on book lending?

Just give it back to me if you finish read it. And take care of the books.

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?

Thanks for Alvina for the head up! Yes, that's one of my bad habit :P

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?

Nooooooooooooo!! Except in text books. But, no!

18. Not even with text books?

Nope!

19. What is your favourite language to read in?

Indonesia for Young Adult, classics and non romance books. English for romance books. Sorry, the feeling is different when reading translated romance books :))

20. What makes you love a book?


First is the story. Then the character, the world building, how the writer wield their words with oh so beautifully. One of my favorite authors, Nalini Singh has a way with words. Read her books is not like reading books but stare at a beautiful pics :)

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?

I will see if my friends and I have same favorite genres in common. Its important because I don't want her/him to dislike the book. Even at last their opinion about the book is their own

22. Favorite genre?

Paranormal romance, fantasy, urban fantasy, thriller suspense, mystery, contemporer romance, adventure.

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)?

Classic, historical romance and fiction.

24. Favourite biography?

Never read any.

25. Have you ever read a self-help book?

Umm, yes. Once I read Chicken Soup books. Is it count?

26. Favourite cookbook?

Any cookbooks I can read freely at bookstore

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?

Ughhh. What kind of inspiration? Alas, I can't think a title that inspired me this year.

28. Favorite reading snack?

No snack when reading. My books will get dirty!

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.

Uh uh, sure you want to know my answer? ^-^

Fifty Shades of Grey is a book that absolutely overhyped but make me must read it in 2 weeks and need to bleach my mind after that (hehe, just kidding). Not Twilight? I read it when I don't know about hype, so don't have problems after all.

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?

Sometimes. Goodreads is full of snarky reviews right now rather that critics. So tired when read it. But usually I agree with critics after reading the particular book

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?


Bad? Wrong? Or rather feel smug? Nah, writing bad/negative reviews sometimes is not easy. I tend to be snark when writing review for books I don't like. But I keep it minimum. So, I write in a fun way. But still have problem because of that :). Ah well, disagree over reviews until you got fight with friends is useless actually.

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?

Germany, French and Japanese.

33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?


So far, none.

34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?

Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell. That book is ... HUGE!!!

35. Favorite Poet?

I collect poet when in high school , but now kinda forget it. I remember my favorite is Edda, a collective of poet about Norse mythology.

36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?

When in college, just 2-3 books. The rest usually are comics.

37. How often have you returned books to the library unread?

Rarely. I tend to read it before return the book to library. Don't want to waste my money.

38. Favorite fictional character?

So many to be named. But the no 1 in my book boyfriends list is absolutely Roarke from In Death series by J.D.Robb. That's man is my dream husband :))

39. Favourite fictional villain?

The High Mage from Tairen Soul series by C.L. Wilson. Have a Darth Vader vibe and very evil! Then, Sammael from The Lost Angel series by Heather Killough Walden. I will call him antihero rather than villain

40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?

Can't choose!! But, usually I just pick books I will bring randomly.

41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.

One week. Usually when I have problems, I forget to reading anything. Or when I got sick.

42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.


For this year, I have 3 books I can't finish, A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness, Wicked as They Come by Delilah S Dawson and The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice. Two first books because I got distracted with another book. The latest is worse than Fifty, lol!

43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?

Twitter and Goodreads. Busy tweeting and chatting on Goodreads. Then find book I think interesting and forget the latest book I read.

44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?

Lords of The Ring. But it simply because I'm not read the book yet, lol! And Chronicles of Narnia.

45. Most disappointing film adaptation?

I know most people choose Twilight saga. But for me, its Eragon. Very, very disappointing! I love the book and Inheritance series, but the movie is kinda ruined it. I will choose reboot movie option with better plot and characterization

46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?


700.000 rupiahs. When there's a book fair.

47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?

Very often. I always skimming some part of book, and reading the ending first.

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?

Usually because I got distracted by another books that more interesting. Or in some case, I can't stomach reading until finish. Like The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty.

49. Do you like to keep your books organized?

Absolutely. I have OCD, to organize my books once a week.

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?

I prefer to keep it for my favorites and giving away for book I don't like and don't have time to read . Wait for my giveaway this month! ;)

51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?

Yes. Usually same gender relationship books ^^. And any bodice-ripper historical romance novels. Sorry forced seduction is not my thing

52. Name a book that made you angry.

Fifty Shades of Grey. 'Nuff said.

53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?

I kinda agree with Stephanie, I like reading Ther Melian series by Shienny M.S. And also Fantasy Fiesta 2011.

54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?

Dracula, My Love by Syrie James. The premise is good, but the execution is meh! The heroine remind me so much of Bella Swan from Twilight. So whiny!

55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?


Any erotica books that I end up like it ;).


Thanks for reading my answer to 55 Reading Questions! If you have other questions that is not on the list, don't be shy. Just ask me! ;D

3 komentar:

  1. yayyy ada yg ikut jawab lgiii ^^
    aku belum liat film ny LOTR D': mau baca bukuny dlu xD

    BalasHapus
  2. Haha.. kupikir uda ga ada lagi yg ikutan jawab 55RQ secara panjang bgt.

    Setuju!! Itu film Eragon mengecewakan bgt padahal bukunya bagus >.<

    Dan, Fifty Shades of Grey lagi booming bgt ya dikritik sama bloggers :))

    BalasHapus
  3. wooy dog-ears itu ngelipet ujung kertas buat nandain halaman, Ren.. :D

    BalasHapus

Terimakasih sudah meninggalkan komen di Ren's Little Corner. Silakan untuk setuju/tidak setuju dengan review/opini saya tapi mohon disampaikan dengan sopan ya :)

Saya berhak menghapus komentar yang tidak nyambung dengan isi blog atau spamming (jangan sertakan link blog kamu/ link apapun di kolom komentar, kecuali untuk giveaway).

Komen untuk postingan yang berusia lebih dari 1 bulan otomatis akan dimoderasi.

Terimakasih sudah mau berkunjung! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...